Root vegetable sandwich
- 8 slices of bread
- 1 batch Ajvar relish crème (recipe below)
- 40 g rocket
- 1 batch root veg (recipe below)
- 16 rings red onion
Ajvar relish crème
- 40 g Ajvar relish, spicy
- 100 g light fromage frais
Roasted root veg
- 400 g root veg, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 sprigs thyme
- Mix together the ingredients for the Ajvar relish crème and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread over the two slices.
- Add the rocket, root veg (see below) and onion to the bottom slices.
- Add the top slices and serve.
Roasted root vegetables
- Preheat oven to 225°C (220 °C fan).
- Mix the chopped vegetables with garlic, oil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Spread evenly on a baking tray.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then take out the oven, mix around and roast for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool!
- Keep chilled until ready to use!