Roasted prawns with basil mayonnaise
- 500 g prawns, shell-on (fresh or thawed)
- 1 red chilli
- coarsely-ground black pepper
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp French light mustard
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 50 ml olive oil
- 50 ml rapeseed oil
- 1-2 tbsp finely chopped basil
- salt and pepper
- Start by making the basil mayonnaise. Mix together the egg yolk with the mustard and crushed garlic in a small glass.
- Mix in the vinegar and then add the oils gradually whilst stirring.
- Mix in the basil and and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roast the prawns in a dry hot pan until they start to brown.
- Add the chopped red chilli (deseeded) and the finely-chopped celery plus some coarsely-ground black pepper.
- Serve the prawns immediately with some toast and basil mayonnaise.